Last Minute Thanksgiving Recipes
The best part about the Thanksgiving season is getting together with family and friends. These last minute Thanksgiving recipes will come in handy whether your plans are annual or spontaneous. Because they are quick to make, you’ll save time for what matters most.
Last minute Thanksgiving Recipes for Appetizers
Thanksgiving is often a whole-day affair. Bring along some of these delicious starters while the turkey is cooking but the crowd’s all there.
- Quick Mini-Pizzas - If you’re looking for a quick and easy crowd pleaser, look no further. These little pizzas are made with only three ingredients and take minutes to make.
- Fruit and Dip Platter - This is a great last minute Thanksgiving recipe if your crowd gets together in late morning or early afternoon. It works with virtually any fruit you have such as apples, nectarines or bananas.
- Homemade Mac & Cheese Bites - Thanksgiving deserves to have a classic comfort food as a precursor to the big meal. A simple but mouth-watering finger food like these does the trick.
The Best Side Dishes
Whether you’re invited to a Friendsgiving potluck or your great aunt’s yearly event, these side dishes complement any meal.
- Garlic and Celery Root Mashed Potatoes - A savory twist on the original recipe will win over the crowd. The best part is, they’re ready in about 20 minutes.
- Baked Hush Puppies - For a southern take on Thanksgiving, try these cornbread-like hush puppies that will go perfectly with turkey and gravy.
- Fennel and Orange Salad - This colorful winter salad is a nice alternative to greens and is very easy to make with few ingredients.
- Double Cranberry Sauce - You might even win over the die-hard canned fans with this yummy and beautiful dish. The cinnamon and pomegranate balance the tangy flavor for a perfect last minute Thanksgiving recipe.
- Broccoli and Cauliflower Gratin - Enjoy a veggie side with a creamy addition of cheeses and mustard. Great to assemble at home and bring along to your destination.
Quick and Easy Desserts
Take some time to rest or go for a brisk walk before returning to the dessert table! These last minute Thanksgiving recipes are easy to make so you can coordinate with other dessert-bringers.
- Pear-Raspberry Tart - Store bought puff pastry saves you time with this artistic-looking dessert. Guests will love the mixture of the flavors.
- Gingerbread with Quark Cheesecake - This make-ahead recipe will impress your friends for sure. Quark (a soft cheese like sour cream) provides a subtle tang mixing with fall flavors of cinnamon and orange.
- Boozy Caramel Apples - A yummy treat for adults only. These vodka-infused apples are quick to prepare and pair with a multitude of dip-toppers.
- Dark Chocolate Pecan Toffee - Serve as a last minute thanksgiving recipe or bring along as hostess gift. A great way to get into the holiday season.
Focus on Flavor
Overall, these quick and easy recipes afford you less time in the kitchen and more time socializing. What’s even better is you can plan using relatively few ingredients but you don’t have to skimp on flavor at all. Great for last minute Thanksgiving recipes and fun with the ones you love.